Upcoming Posts

  • 120 Eyeshadow Palette Reviw
  • Avon Smooth Minerals Review(s)

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Score!! (AKA haul!!!) pic heavy!

Hey gals, I'm pretty happy right now. I've been reading so much on The Recessionista's blog; Nouveau Cheap. (sorry, I can't get the link up, but just google Nouveau Cheap and you'll find it!) Anyways she is always talking about the awsome deals she finds, but here in Canada, I can't find stores that put things on sale!! So I was super exited when a Revlon Warehouse sale rented a building for a month to get rid of extra stock! There was stuff 50-75% off in there! But, Avon is releasing some awesome spring products so, I restrained myself to 3 lip glosses, 1 cream blush and 1 eyeliner. So, there was this huge bin with gloss-nailpolish duos in it -2 for $1!! I got the last pinky gloss, all the rest were an nude-gold, but I got one of those so to get the 2 for $1 deal. The third gloss (squeeze-tube) I got was in the "bargain bin" a small cardboard box filled with items that lost their price tags, or were the last of that color in stock. I managed to get it for $1 also.
The blush was the most exspensive thing I bought- at $6 a for a pan. But this blush is the dream blush for vampire white gals like me. It gives a just flushed look to the face. I find that I'm so pale that many blushes make me look like a clown, which is not what I'm going for! And I bought a white kohl liner (marked $3) for my waterline. *tip of the day: if you stayed up too late last night, or find your eyes need a pick-me-up, take a white eyeliner and line your waterline. This works miracles! For darker skinned gals, just try to find a liner a few shades lighter than whatever color you waterline is. But more wonders awaited me at the cash register. Everything was BOGO 50% off! So I ran to find something else. (at that piont I only had 5 items) I ended up with a super-soaker (there wasn't just makeup in the warehouse) for my 10 year old sister. My total?
Blush: $6
Eyeliner: $1.50 (this was the 50% item)
Super-soaker: $3
squeeze tube gloss: $0.50 (50% off!)
Gloss-Nail polish set #1: $0.50
Gloss-Nail polish set #2: $0.25 (50% off!)
Total: $11.75 before tax. Not too bad if I do say so myself!
Here are pictures:
Ok, the squeeze tube gloss. The official name is: Skinlights gloss for lips in "Rose Quartz"
Close up
This was in the gloss-nail polish set. Official name: Super Lustrous in "Sunrise Nude"
The other Super Lustrous gloss in "Barely Blossom"
The cream blush in "Rosy Glow"
Revlon Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner in "Pure White"
Swatches! From top to bottom: Rose Quartz, Barely Blossom, Sunrise Nude, Rosy Glow, Pure White
I'll be posting more pictures and full reviews of all the items, so check back soon!
Makeup love, Essi

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out! And congrats on the awesome haul! You SCORED, girlie! xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment! Just no dirty language please :)