Upcoming Posts

  • 120 Eyeshadow Palette Reviw
  • Avon Smooth Minerals Review(s)

Saturday, January 9, 2010

L'Oreal Eyeshadow Quad Review

This was the first shadow quad I ever owned. I purchased it in 220 Milla's Blues. It had a matte color that was my exact skintone, so I used it to set my concealer. (ya shocking I know :) The next color was a shimmery gold bronze. ( I say "was" because as soon as I finish this review, I'm throwing this quad in the trash) The next color was a shimmery light blue-silver, and to finish the quad a color that looks dark blue in the pan, but it's really black with flecks of blue shimmer. I was a complete novice when I got this quad and I knew zilch about makeup, application, what colors probably won't work on me, etc. So I used it. A lot. And I couldn't figure out why it was creasing. (thought I didn't know what creasing WAS back then AKA two years ago.) But I wore it anyway. I completely used up my skintone color, I also loved the gold one. The light blue got a lot of wear, but the dark one not so much. I had enough sense to know that a color that dark was probably not what I wanted to smear all over my lids. So, the color payoff for these shadows are pretty fair as pigmentation goes. The gold and dark blue are the most pigmented, followed by the skin color, and the light blue is the weakest. They are really soft and crumbly shadows, so be warned! As I said earlier, these babies CREASE! Not two hours after application, there was major creasing, in the next half hour, It looked like I lined my crease with gold shadow. I really hate to bash a product, but this just didn't work for me. Here are some pics:
Swatches! Top: My skin color, below, goldy-bronze, light blue, black blue
Quad shut (yes is IS worn out)
Quad open (see? I used up the color of my skin)
makeup love, Essi
PS have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Just no dirty language please :)