Upcoming Posts

  • 120 Eyeshadow Palette Reviw
  • Avon Smooth Minerals Review(s)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad

I'm just cranking out reviews today! So, next up is the superSHOCK eyeshadow quad in electric purple. I really like this quad, the colors are bright, but wearable. There are (duh!) four shades:
top left "Nude" top right "electric purple" bottom left "limeade" bottom right "gold"

let me just tell what's not so good. These shadows do crease. I'm sure that with the right primer, there would really work. Good news is that it doesn't start to crease till hour 3, with is about the longest I'm out and about, so that doesn't bother me. (that much) If anyone can recommend an inexpensive eye primer, I'm desperate!!
Now, the good stuff: So, the colors are kinda funky. Nude. A color that matches my skin exactly! (Again!) It's a wonderful color for softening brighter, harsher colors. Electric Purple. It's not really electric. It's more of a deep plum. With a tiny bit of shimmer. I really like it for a crease color. Or somedays I'll use it along my lower lashline for a pop of color. Limeade. A really pretty sheer light shimmer lime green. It's not really lime as, light green. It's a good all-over lid color, or an adventurous highlight color. Gold. that pretty much nails it. A shimmery med. gold. Swatches!
(top to bottom) Nude, Limeade, Gold, Electric Purple.

See? Fun colors, but not overdone! I love it! There is another special edition palette "Aquadelic" A nude color (bit darker then the one in this palette) Bright coral, aqua blue, and black. retail: $7.99 (intro special)
Have an awesome day!
Essi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! Just no dirty language please :)